Subprocess is excuted multiple times

Hi,
I have a strange behavior in my BPMN process which uses subprocess.
The process looks like this:

diagram_1.bpmn (138.2 KB)

As you can see I neither use MI Subprocess nor any other parallel processing.

Everything works fine unitl I reach the execution of Subprocess 1. Then the excecution seems to rollback multiple times to the task before it crashes with an incident.

Before crash:

Incident:

TASK/CLIENT-01009 Exception while completing the external task: The corresponding process instance could not be resumed. Reason: status code: 500, reason phrase: {"type":"OptimisticLockingException","message":"ENGINE-03005 Execution of 'UPDATE ExecutionEntity[1ce7cfa7-85ff-11ea-af20-0242ac110002]' failed. Entity was updated by another transaction concurrently."}

Hope somebody can help.

Can you upload the bpmn file?

Hi,
it is present now.

My mistake - i’ll take a look at it now :slight_smile:

So - there are a few really odd things going on.
How are you stepping through this process - the external tasks have no topics?
You have a lot of tasks where you’ve decided to use async after why did you decide to do that?

I have deleted the topics for this Version because of internals. My process has topics I can put fake ones there if it helps.

The async flags are set because I implemented one task by one and some gateways weren’t implement, which results in errors and my service task was repeated. To avoid that I set the async flags.
I can remove that now because the gateways are now alle implemented.

Hi I’ve removed all async flags because they are not necessary but the behavior is the same.