Task level permission

Dear Team,

Do we have any possiblity to enable the task level user permission.

Scenario is,

1. Created Manager and Sales group and Created User1, User2 linked with Manager. User3, User3 linked with Sales group.
  2. Created two task, Task1 candidate group assigned with Manager. Task2 candidate group assigned with Sales.
  3. Manager associated user can be able to cliam and complete their task, but Manager group associated user can view the Sales group associated user tasks.
  4. Sales associated user can be able to cliam and complete their task, but Sales group associated user can view the Manager group associated user tasks.

Note:- Task Id (GUID) is generated one by one only, once completed first task then only second task id is generated. so I am not able to enable the configuration in Task Authorization page.

Any suggestion on this queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Prakash R.

Dear @Niall,

I am facing the task level authorization issue, Kindly suggest to me to proceed further.

Scenario is, Manager group of users can able to claim and complete the task but they can able to view the Anayst group of tasks. Same for Analyst users can able to claim and complete the tasks and they can able to view the Manager group of tasks.

Problem here is, Task resource_id generated after completion of the first task. So I am not able to configure task level authorization. because in my business scenario, I have more then 50 tasks. 50% part of Managers task remaining part of Analyst tasks.

So, I am expecting your valuable suggestion to proceed furhter. currently it’s blocked my deliverables.

Note:- I have done the authorization and anthentication in config file.

Thanks & Regards,
Prakash R.

Hi @prakash_ramalingam ,

I also face the same problem. Are you found any solution about this?

Thanks,
Patrick

Hi,

You can see this solution, may be it can help for your issue.
https://forum.camunda.io/t/how-to-restrict-only-user-of-a-group-to-claim-to-complete-a-task/40076/13?u=modibe
Patrick

1 Like

Hello @modibe,

Thanks for sharing the solution. this logic was working fine for me. but my testing scenario is little bit different. please let me know if you have any suggestions.

• I have two groups : group_1 and group_2
  • I have two users : user_1 and user_2
  • user_1 is member of group_1 and user_2, member of group_2
  • I have a model with TASK A, where I configure CandidateGroup with group_1
  • I have a model with TASK B, where I configure CandidateGroup with group_2
  • group_1 user can able to claim the Task A but can able to view the Task B. but should not claim the Task B.
  • same for group_2 users can able to claim the Task B but can able to view the Task A. but should not claim the Task A.

Thanks & Regards,
Prakash R.

Hi @prakash_ramalingam ,

The only way I saw is to embed a form with informations in every task.

The inconvenient is that you have to create many form with same informations.

I don’t know is there is a way to embed one form in many tasks.

I wish, this alternative coul help you.

Patrick