Tasklist/Operate oauth support to an oauth secured zeebe

Hello,

I’m using C8 SM, and secured zeebe gateway with oauth intercepters.

Now I’m not sure if Tasklist/Operate could support oauth connection to the oauth secured zeebe.

I know there are TLS and cert configurations for zeebe connection. But could not find any configuration about oauth for Self Managed.

Hello @GgJinFWu ,

this is because Zeebe is not secured with authorization by default.

If you require this, you could implement authorization in your ingress or in the zeebe container.

Jonathan

Hi @jonathan.lukas ,

Thanks for you reply and perhaps my question is not described accurately.

I have implemented the Zeebe server intercepters to enable Zeebe gateway with OAuth authentication. But I’m not sure if the other Camunda components like Tasklist/Operate could have any OAuth configurations available to connect to this Zeebe engine or not. If yes, where to provide the configuration (client_id, client_secret, etc…) at Tasklist/Operate side to establish the OAuth connection?

Or is this the only way we can do if we want to use the other Camunda components like Tasklist, Operate in self-managed installation: implement a customized authentication gateway(reverse proxy) in front of Zeebe gateway to do the OAuth validation rather than add server intercepters into Zeebe gateway?