Tasks not showing in Tasklist - Camunda 8 - Get Started

I am following the https://github.com/camunda/camunda-platform-get-started guide using docker & local deployment. From all I am seeing, everything is up and running but “Deploy current diagram” and “Start current diagram” do not lead to the expected result, e.g. I have no entries in the Tasklist although I get the “Process instance started” message with a green check mark. As I have no prior experience with Camunda I am a bit lost where I have gone wrong. Any suggestions what I should be checking?

try with Camunda 8.2, in my case that worked but I still don’t know why with 8.3 this is happening, good luck!

Hi @joge , the log you posted in another post indicates you’re using 8.3.

As @UrielZamora suggested, please retry with version 8.2.1, which is currently the latest release.

Kind regards,
Jens

Hi Jens, many thanks for coming back. I did use the docker build sequence as per the documentation here: GitHub - camunda/camunda-platform: Links to Camunda Platform 8 resources, releases, and local development config . In camunda-platform/.env at 35f2816f55b62121dbfcfa5fd8a094dfd5bc8f1c · camunda/camunda-platform · GitHub version is set to CAMUNDA_PLATFORM_VERSION=8.2.1 . I am a bit confused why I now seem to be running on 8.3. The link you have provided points to the zip-files for the components which I would then need to merge into the standard docker set-up. Which seems like quite a lot of work to test the software. Is there an easier way? Many thanks

Hi @joge,
that’s interesting. As you’re stating, the version that should get used is 8.2.1.
Maybe, for whatever reason, the .env file is not correctly taken into account.

You could try to set the version explicitly in the docker-compose.yml, like this:

zeebe:
    image: camunda/zeebe:8.2.1

The link to the latest release was only meant to display the current release version - 8.2.1, no need to work with the zip file directly, of course :slight_smile:

Many thanks. That change solved the error messages from the Zeebe container.
Unfortunately, I am still getting
io.camunda.tasklist.exceptions.TasklistRuntimeException: Import is not possible for Zeebe version: 8.3
and
io.camunda.operate.exceptions.OperateRuntimeException: Import is not possible for Zeebe version: 8.3

I have to replaced the respective ${CAMUNDA_PLATFORM_VERSION} references with 8.2.1 in the yaml file but that did not help. Also, rebuilding all local docker files from scratch did not help… Any other suggestion?

hm. hard to debug remotely, I would try to replace all image versions with the explicit “8.2.1”.

also, maybe some old container gets reused or something?

if you run docker ps -a, are there still containers with the wrong 8.3 version? If so, remove them via docker rm ..

you could also call docker image ls to check which images have been downloaded so far (and maybe even remove them via docker image rmi .

I had pruned docker and deleted all containers so I think I did rebuild everything from scratch.
docker ps -a shows the three containers running with “8.2.1” (and connectors-bundle:0.17.1, elasticsearch:7.17.5)
image ls only gives the “8.2.1” entries and no “8.3”

Camunda has never been installed before on my machine so maybe the problem is reproducible at your end?

ok, I could resolve this. In the .env file
CAMUNDA_PLATFORM_VERSION=SNAPSHOT
needs to be changed to
CAMUNDA_PLATFORM_VERSION=8.2.1