Camunda For Production Purposes

Hello Folks,

There has been a small doubt in whether we should use Camunda Community Edition 7.5.0 for production purposes,

If yes,
What are key points to be considered ?

If not,
Shall we go ahead with Enterprise-Edition ,What are the aspects we should be worried about when we use Camunda-tomcat-8.0.24 Community edition for production purposes ?

Motive- To deploy web app(.war file in web-apps) in Camunda-Tomcat (Community Edition) 7.5.0.

Links Referred : https://camunda.com/bpm/enterprise/

Thanks in Advance,
Shohil Sethia

That question is best asked by contacting Camunda’s business development guys, they deal with these kinds of discussions frequently:

Hi @Niall
Thanks for replying,

I have posted my query to Respective Camunda-Analyst’s via the link you suggested,
Still i keen to know the critical(Technical) break-points which can occur when i use the Camunda-tomcat(8.0.24) - 7.5.0 Community Edition.

So when i deploy it over Internet-Intranet, I could proceed with the estimated break-points or bugs which can occur in general usage.

Thanks
Shohil Sethia

The community edition is perfectly suitable for production, we know of many, many in production systems using the Community Edition.

The risk from a technical point of view when using the the CE is the lack of patch releases. If there is a bug found between CE releases it is fixed and released to the EE version only. The CE version will get that patch at the next CE release (which can be as long as 6 months).

So if you’re in production with the CE version, it’s possible to be stuck with a bug for a lot longer.
There are a few other differences as well but that is the main one that comes to mind.

This are the known bugs that can hit you: JIRA query

1 Like

Thanks @Niall @thorben
Nialli, You have got a strong point,
and Thorben, Thanks for providing the repository of issues occurred.
Will be looking forward to analyse it,
Regards
Shohil Sethia