Unable to deploy dmn on camunda 7.10.0

Hi,
I was trying to deploy a bpmn sample from camunda modeler on a fresh image of camunda 7.10.0 but i receive the following error on modeler :

ENGINE-22004 Unable to transform DMN resource 'sample.dmn'. [ deploy-error ]

and the last line log shows :

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Error: URI=null Line=2: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'definitions'.                                                                                      
        at org.camunda.bpm.model.xml.impl.util.DomUtil$DomErrorHandler.error(DomUtil.java:201)                                                                                                                     
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:137)                                                                                                         
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:396)                                                                                                         
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:327)                                                                                                         
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:284)                                                                                                         
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:1901)                                                                                          
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:741)                                                                                                 
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:374)                                                                                    
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:613)                                                                 
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:3132)                                                             
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:852)                                                                                       
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:602)                                                                                                    
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:112)                                                                                                
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:505)                                                                            
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:842)                                                                                                        
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:771)                                                                                                        
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)                                                                                                                          
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:243)                                                                                                                          
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:339)                                                                                                         
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:121)                                                                                                                                       
        at org.camunda.bpm.model.xml.impl.util.DomUtil.parseInputStream(DomUtil.java:239)                                                                                                                          
        ... 73 more                                                                                                                                                                                                

I managed to deploy on another image camunda:latest, but my project is based on camunda:7.10…

Thanks for your help

François.

PS : i tried to deploy the same on

• 7.11.0 : same error
  • 7.12:0 :same error
  • 7.13.0: => good, deployment success

So what should I do on 7.10 to be able to deploy a DMN ?
thx.

Hi @francois_vecteurplus,

I think you have to use a Camunda modeler version that fits to your Camunda engine version.

From a quick look at the docs of Camunda 7.10 (Camunda BPM documentation | docs.camunda.org) I could not find the matching version number.

You can download older versions of the modeler here: Camunda Download Center -

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like