Visualize Asynchronous Continuations in model

Hi,

I have currently the problem to have a better overview about the transaction boundaries in a process engine (and its sub processes…) . I need to click on each element to see if there is a Asynchronous Continuation set or not. In parallel, I am asking myself if there are some “best practices” for this problem which avoids the need for a better overview. (“Follow the best practice and you know where your ACs are…”)

If not, it would be nice to see directly in the model where the transaction boundaries are…

I am looking forward to see any other opinions.

Best Regards,
Michael

There is a bpmn.io exmaple that was created to visualize transaction boundaries for a given model. You can take a look at it here.

I’m not sure what the plan is with regard to add it in with the modeler itself. But i would be a big fan of that addition. :wink:

2 Likes

Thx for the info. Haven’t tried bpmn.io yet (except of starting the “Try online” once).

However, a switch turning it on/off in Camunda modeler would be nice. :slight_smile:

Answering the second question, I don’t think there is a general best practice for asynchronous continuations. It is just too specific for each use case and process model.