Boudary event not firing

Hello,

I have gone through a lot of reading about this problem, and I’m already aware that the job executor must be activated, or that there is a time lapse before the timer fires that can be greater than the timer duration. I have read the camunda doc about timers thoroughly but I still cannot achieve my goal: having my timer fire after a 5s time lapse.
I’ll attach my processes.xml file for your consideration, so that you can see my setup, along with my model. I run in a Tomcat environment, and the task that the timer is supposed to interrupt is a simple Java class that watches a hot folder by means of a while (!file.exists());.

processes.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<process-application xmlns="http://www.camunda.org/schema/1.0/ProcessApplication" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<process-archive name="edi-uspto">
<process-engine>default</process-engine>
<properties>
<property name="isDeleteUponUndeploy">false</property>
<property name="isScanForProcessDefinitions">true</property>
<property name="jobExecutorActivate">true</property>
<property name="jobExecutorPreferTimerJobs">true</property>
<property name="jobExecutorAcquireByDueDate">true</property>
</properties>
</process-archive>

</process-application>

Here is the definition of my boundary event:

<bpmn:boundaryEvent id="BoundaryEvent_0eygk4k" name="12 hours" camunda:asyncBefore="true" camunda:asyncAfter="true" camunda:exclusive="false" attachedToRef="Task_0dh9nw3">
  <bpmn:outgoing>SequenceFlow_1te1hdd</bpmn:outgoing>
  <bpmn:timerEventDefinition>
    <bpmn:timeDuration xsi:type="bpmn:tFormalExpression">PT5S</bpmn:timeDuration>
  </bpmn:timerEventDefinition>
</bpmn:boundaryEvent>

Oh, yeah, I defined it asyn before and after, as well as the “error report” task that it is supposed to trigger, in the hope that this would allow it to run better, but no luck.

Thank you very much in advance for your help, it’s driving me crazy. Ask me for any relevant information I may have forgotten to give you.

erwann

Hi @echandon,

Have you already read that post?

It describes why the timer is not triggered in your case.

Cheers,
Roman

1 Like