Which repositories would be the most suitable for custom UI extensions?

Hello guys,

I was just about to prepare a little proof of concept on how to build custom UI extensions for Camunda 8. So what I’m really interested in is things like creating my own plugin, cutomizing one of the tools (like tasklist with some custom stuff or any other webapp), etc… I have to admin that I got a little bit lost in the ocean of the repositories available out there - could you guide me on which should be the one to start with? Are the components of C8 like Tasklist or Operate even available as an open source solution?

I would really love to be able then to build the whole stack locally, for example from docker compose, but having included my changes/my customizations.

Best regards,
Michal

you can check it out in Camunda Community Hub(Camunda Community Hub · GitHub).

2 Likes

Hi @Michal_Stefaniuk

Operate and Tasklist are not available as open source.

Here is a docker-compose file for a complete local stack: camunda-8-process-solution-template/docker-compose.yaml at main · camunda-community-hub/camunda-8-process-solution-template · GitHub

Josh

Hi @jwulf , hi @cpbpm - thanks for answering.

So please correct me if I’m wrong, currently the only parts of C8 that are available as open source and free to customize are zeebe engine and modeler?

See here for a detailed discussion: How Open is Camunda Platform 8? - Camunda

Josh

Thanks a lot!