Camunda Modeler conformance to BPMN and BPEL

Hi
I am using Camunda Modeler to model different processes. I have read in BPMN 2.0 standard (briefly in section 2 “Conformance” and in detail section 14" Mapping BPMN to BPEL") about mapping BPMN to BEPL. Is there any functionality in Camunda Modeler that produces BPEL code from a BPMN model?
If Camunda Modeler conforms to BPMN 2.0, which I do believe, then it should offer similar functionality.

Please advise.

Many thanks

Rawad

Hi @Rawad_Hammad,

In short: no, this is not supported. You are right that Camunda Modeler implements BPMN 2.0. However, there are different conformance levels of the BPMN 2.0 specification. The one we are talking about here is BPMN BPEL Process Execution Conformance which the Modeler does not support. That is also not a planned feature for the future.

Cheers,
Thorben

Thanks Thorben for your reply. One simple related question, Are you aware of any open source tool that can translate BPMN to BPEL?

Cheers

Rawad

1 Like

Hi Rawad,

Sorry, I don’t know any. Perhaps other readers have an idea.

Cheers,
Thorben

https://kodu.ut.ee/~dumas/ — on this page, there is a reference to a BPMN-to-BPEL tool; also some other potentially useful BPMN related goodies.