XOR Gateway

Screenshot 2023-06-21 162443

The two tasks are assigned to the user. As you can see in the image, there should be two tasks available. When I complete the “Create Business Account” task, the “Create Personal Account” task should disappear. I would like to try that.

I think we have an XY problem here. You always say I have this and want that, but why? You didn’t answer any of my questions. Take a step back. What is the bigger goal you want to achieve?

If you insist (I think it’s a very bad and ugly solution to be honest): you can put the parallel gateway and the 2 tasks in a sub-process and end both tasks with terminate.

My goal is to put no condition in a xor gateway. I wished I could put two default paths.

I’m 100% convinced that there would be a lot better solutions to solve the problem, but whatever questions I try to ask you don’t answer. All you say I have that and want this. XY problem. So this is my last answer. Here is the solution to a problem that probably didn’t need to exist in the first place:

2 Likes

This is impossible as it defies the definition of XOR (Exclusive OR).
Even if you consider it a basic OR (much like an IF, ElseIf, ElseIf, Else), you still have to put conditions.

The conditions don’t go in the gateway itself, but on the paths following the gateway, and determine which path will be taken.

1 Like

I understand thank you.

Thank you. Thank you very much. How did you come up with the solution? Do you have a trick for it?

The trick is to be familiar with BPMN. Watch those videos: BPMN in Action: History of BPMN - YouTube .

1 Like

I watched it. It was a difficult question, and modeling it was challenging, but thanks to you, I understood it.