How do I authenticate the Cockpit/plugin through Camunda-Rest

Hello,

I removed the comments which are present in camunda-rest -> web-inf, to access the data via rest engine.
I am able to get the authentication when I uses rest engine’s url for data of task or user and when I login, I am able to get the data for the same using rest url.

I want the same to access(authentication) to cockpit’s data. So how can I establish this authentication?

Currently when I run the cockpit url, it is giving me as unauthorized. I need to login to camunda application to get/view the data.

Thanks & Regards
Harshal Temkar

Hi Harshal,

Could you please elaborate on this? What do you want to achieve?

Cheers,
Roman

Hello Roman,

To work camunda rest, I Have removed the comment of WEB-INF in rest engine folder.
This is working and ask authentication (user and password) when I using http://localhost:8080/camunda-rest/user as url.

1. If I pass the cockpit’s (customized plugin) url. It is not authenticating and its not giving me any the results. It gives me as unauthorized exception. I need to login to Camunda and when I execute the same cockpit’s url, I get the results.

What needs to be done to get the authentication of Cockpit’s (customized plugin) url.

Thanks & Regards
Harshal Temkar

Hi Harshal,

Authentication is already enabled in the webapps. So it is not necessary to do any adjustment to enable the authentication.

Cheers,
Roman

Hello Roman,

Thanks for your reply.

As per your suggestion, Authentication has been enabled.
Why its not asking/providing any authentication for cockpit (url).

Thanks and Regards
Harshal Temkar

Hi Harshal,

The REST API ships with an implementation of HTTP Basic Authentication and the Webapp not. That’s why it is not asking any authentication for cockpit.

Cheers,
Roman

Hey Roman,

Could you please elaborate.

Thanks & Regards
Harshal Temkar