While working on a Zeebe POC, I have:
- started Zeebe with docker-compose,
- deployed a workflow from the command line,
- joined JobWorkers to the broker with spring-zeebe spring-boot
- and created a workflow instance with a rest service call to a service that starts the workflow.
Some questions in mind:
- Bernt Ruecker’s (and others’) spring-zeebe example puts all the workers into one spring-boot project/jar. It is impossible to generalise, but is this the recommended way, or is this for demo purposes?
- How about deploying the workflows and creating the instances. These too are often in the same project/jar together with the workers. I assume that this too is for demo purposes. Or is it really recommended to deploy a workflow and create an instance at the same time as creating and joining the workers to the broker?
- Scaling the broker is discussed in several places. How about scaling JobWorkers? Do you have any thoughts about that?