Access Webcam from Web Application

Hey there,

We want to add a service task in some of our BPMN Plan whichs allows us to access a webcam from a java delegate.

If I built the project as a standalone java application everything works fine and the access is successful. But if I built the application as a ServletProcessApplication and deploy it to the tomcat, which is running camunda, I get excptions. The attached log file shows details.

The used framework is imported via maven and source code is available from github: GitHub - sarxos/webcam-capture: The goal of this project is to allow integrated or USB-connected webcams to be accessed directly from Java. Using provided libraries users are able to read camera images and detect motion. Main project consist of several sub projects - the root one, which contains required classes, build-in webcam driver compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac OS, which can stream images as fast as your camera can serve them (up to 50 FPS). Main project can be used standalone, but user is able to replace build-in driver with different one - such as OpenIMAJ, GStreamer, V4L4j, JMF, LTI-CIVIL, FMJ, etc..

I am afraid this has to do with some security features from tomcat. Does someone know how to solve this?

Best regards and thanks in advance for any help,
Hendrik

catalina.2016-11-25.log (13.6 KB)

Hey @hoestreich,

You might be better off asking this in a Tomcat expert forum as this does not appear to be directly related to Camunda. Or perhaps the writers of the webcam library know what is going on.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hey Thorben,

thanks for your reply. I will have a look where else I can find some help.

Best regards,
Hendrik