Add Intermediate connection joints when joining Tasks

I’m pretty sure in some videos I watched a while back that the presenter added joints in the routing connections between tasks at the point that they created the connection.

For example, if I create task A and task B, I can select the → tool and draw a connection between them, and it does a reasonable job of working out if its a straight line, if it needs a 90 degree bend in it and so on.

Other times when I have a routing line between A and B, and then need a return link from B back to A, I end up with a double headed arrow as I have the conjunction of A–>B and A<–B.

I can drag the route up, and get what I want (shown below) but as I say, am pretty sure I saw someone adding line joints in at the point of routing connection creation.

|-------
   v      | 
   A------>B

Did I dream it, or is there a combination of keystrokes/mouse-clicks that can be used to add the intermediate joints?

Hi Steve,

If I understand you correctly, the animation below should show you how to achieve what you described.

Recorded using Camunda Modeler 2.2.3

Best,

Maciej

Hi Maciej, thanks for your response.

Yes, that is how I am doing it currently, however I was pretty sure that there was a way to draw a line and add fixed nodes while you were drawing it. This is as opposed to drawing a straight line between two tasks and then readjusting the line via grab handles or as you show in the video.

Maybe I just dreamt it…