Announcing Open-source Case Management with Camunda

Announcement: WKS Power’s Contribution to the Camunda Community

Dear Camunda Community,

We, at WKS Power, are thrilled to announce our significant contribution to the Camunda ecosystem! We have developed an open-source Case Management and Process Automation solution called WKS Platform, which leverages a powerful stack of technologies, including Camunda, MongoDB, Keycloak, Traefik, MinIO, OPA (Open Policy Agent), Form.io, Spring Boot, and React.

WKS Platform is built on the foundation of Adaptive Case Management (ACM), adding valuable capabilities on top of the Camunda platform. ACM is an approach to managing dynamic and unstructured processes that involve knowledge work, collaboration, and decision-making. It empowers organizations to handle complex, unpredictable scenarios where rigid process models fall short.

Key Features of WKS Platform:

• Case Management: WKS Platform offers a robust case management system that allows users to track and manage cases throughout their lifecycle. It provides features such as case creation, assignment, status tracking, activity logging, and case resolution.
  • Process Automation: Powered by Camunda, WKS Platform enables the automation of complex business processes. Users can design, model, and execute workflows, define process steps and decision points, and monitor process instances in real-time.
  • Adaptive Case Management: WKS Platform enhances Camunda with ACM capabilities, allowing users to dynamically adapt processes based on changing circumstances, ad hoc decisions, and evolving requirements. It provides flexibility to knowledge workers, enabling them to collaborate, make informed decisions, and handle unanticipated situations effectively.
  • Intuitive User Interface: WKS Platform incorporates a responsive and user-friendly React-based frontend interface, providing a rich set of features, including task management, case visualization, process monitoring, and reporting, ensuring an intuitive user experience.
  • Dynamic Form Creation: WKS Platform leverages Form.io to enable users to design and create dynamic forms that adapt to specific case requirements. This empowers organizations to collect structured data efficiently, ensuring data consistency and enabling streamlined processes.
  • Data Persistence: WKS Platform utilizes MongoDB for reliable and scalable data storage for case-related information. This facilitates efficient retrieval and analysis of data to gain insights and support decision-making.
  • Identity and Access Management: Integration with Keycloak offers robust identity and access management capabilities, including user authentication, authorization, and role-based access control. This ensures secure access to the platform and its features, protecting sensitive information.
  • Policy Enforcement: WKS Platform integrates with OPA (Open Policy Agent) to enforce fine-grained policies across the system. Policies can be defined to control access, validate data, enforce business rules, and ensure compliance with organizational regulations.
  • MinIO Integration: WKS Platform seamlessly integrates with MinIO, an object storage server, for efficient and scalable storage of files and attachments associated with cases and processes.
  • Robust Backend: Built on the Spring Boot framework, WKS Platform provides a scalable and high-performance backend infrastructure, offering reliable API endpoints, data integration capabilities, and extensibility through modular design principles.
  • Traefik Integration: WKS Platform integrates with Traefik, a modern reverse proxy and load balancer, to provide scalable and secure routing of HTTP traffic to the platform’s components.
  • Multi-Language Support: WKS Platform is designed to be a multi-language project, utilizing internationalization (i18n) techniques. Currently, it supports English and Brazilian Portuguese, with the potential to expand support for additional languages.

WKS Platform is ideal for organizations in various industries, including but not limited to:

• Financial Services: Streamline loan origination, claims processing, compliance management, and underwriting, and enhance customer service.
  • Manufacturing: Streamline production workflows, manage quality control processes, and improve supply chain management.
  • Government: Automate administrative processes, citizen service requests, and regulatory compliance procedures.
  • Education: Simplify student enrollment, course registration, and academic workflows.

These are just a few examples of the industry-specific scenarios where WKS Platform can be effectively utilized. Its flexibility and extensibility make it suitable for a wide range of use cases.

To get started with WKS Platform, simply follow the installation instructions provided in the WKS Platform GitHub repository. We encourage all community members to explore WKS Platform, give it a try, and provide feedback or contribute to its development. Your engagement is invaluable in driving the growth and success of the Camunda ecosystem.

For any questions, feedback, or contributions related to WKS Platform, please reach out to our project team through the following channels:

Once again, we extend our heartfelt thanks to the entire Camunda community for your ongoing support and contributions. Together, let’s continue to build amazing things!

Best regards,

Victor Franca

@Maria @datakurre @talesmp @mary_grace @amara.graham @Niall @remcowesterhoud @StephenOTT

6 Likes

That’s great!

Congratulations to everyone involved for the excellent work, and it makes me excited when I see useful tools with the possibility of translating to PT-BR as well, this opens up many possibilities for people with little knowledge of English to also enjoy.

:rocket: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

William Robert Alves

1 Like

This is awesome!!

Well done guys, love the OPA and MinIO integration which I can’t wait to learn more about.

Riccardo Zuddas

1 Like

We have just released the WKS Platform documentation at http://docs.wkspower.com/

2 Likes

So glad to hear about this long-waited open-source case management system. I’m very interested in contributing to the translation of this system into Arabic language as soon as you prepare the tranlation environmnet. Also, I hope you take into consideration the support of RTL orientation and I can help you on this if you like.

I wonder if you have a public demo site or if you don’t mine sending me a private demo link.

Best Regards,

Ali

I’m glad you enjoyed @alimahwer and happy to see you are excited to contribute with.
WKS Platforms uses i18n therefore you just need to add the Arabic translation as a new file to case-portal-react/src/i18n. Create a pull request and we can get that into the main branch.
Yeah, I would need your help to add RTL. Can you create a request in the issues section of the repo and we can collaborate from there?
We don’t have any public available running environment but you should be able to get the platform up and running following the installations instructions from the README. Let me know if you have issues with it.

Regards,

Victor

1 Like

Congratulations, @victorhugof …it is an amazing work. Certainly this platform will contributes to many organizations. Count on me to spread and contribute as well with this fantastic work.

Raimundo Júnior

1 Like

Thanks, @raimundo_ibpm. Maybe you want to read this piece that helps to clarify where the ACM(Adaptive Case Management) + BPM idea comes from: Blog | WKS Platform