APIs like C7 rest or java API with zeebe

Hi

What are the APIs exposed by Zeebe? I see few basic operations in gRpc.
Any way of accessing the engine data similar to C7s Rest or java API? Have a dashboard built on that but not sure how to migrate that to Zeebe now.

Hello @aasthana4 ,

as Zeebe uses the principe of stream processing, the commands entered do not provide enough information for a dashboard.

Zeebe will do internal processing and export any state update as event:

By default, Zeebe will export to Elasticsearch and Tasklist, Operate and Optimize will get their data from there. If these tools are not sufficient or you have additional requirements, it would be worth looking into custom exporters:

From there, you can arrange the data so that it suits your existing Application best.

I hope this helps

Jonathan

2 Likes

Thanks Jonathan for the update.
We are using zeebe as an open source option.
However, found only basic operations (Zeebe API (gRPC) | Camunda Platform 8) in gRPC api and no other way of accessing the data if remaining open source.
Wanted to confirm if I am missing something or the open source offering is limited to just the runtime operations?

Hello @aasthana4 ,

I confirm that the open-source offering only contains the engine.

If you need other things (like Operate, Tasklist, …), there are community implementations you could review.

Official Operate and Tasklist are only available as Enterprise customer or in Saas.

I hope this helps

Jonathan

You could use the Elastic Search exporter and query Elastic Search via its own API.

Josh

1 Like

We used the approach that @jwulf suggested in the Camunda 8 Library of Apex Designer. You can see the flow in this blog post.

1 Like

I’ve created a simple REST API as a community project. It’s still in Beta, as I’m looking for feedback. Not all operations are available yet. Let me know which operations you’d like to see implemented.

1 Like