Authorisation Configuration

Hi team,

Im wrestling with the authorisation system.

I have Process Def A which calls Process Def B. Hence I would like users to see and be able to start Process Def A in tasklist, but not see or be able to start instances of Process Def B.

Hence I assume I will need to grant them Read access and Create Instance access to Process Def A. In addition I assume they need Create Instance access to Process Def B. In addition I assume I need to grant create instance at the Process Instance level.

Anyway, I can see the Process Def A in task list, but I cant start an instance. An exception is thrown indicating user does not have create permission on resoure ‘processId’.

Hence any tips on configuring authorisations?

regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

You get the exception “user does not have create permission on resoure ‘processInstance’” when there is a problem in
process instance permissions. you need CREATE permission in process instance level for ANY resource id.

BTW, you mentioned “I have Process Def A which calls Process Def B”, I assume you start instance of Process Def B from instance of Proc Def A. How do you call (Eg: Do you use Javadelegate )?

If you still have problems, kindly share the tasklist screenshots of all the authorizations and the error message.

Best Regards,
Deivarayan

Hi Deivarayan

Thankyou for your suggestion. I had * for the process instance permission. It looks like it may have been a browser cache issue. Once I cleared the cache, all worked as expected…

regards

Rob