Bpmn.io-viewer/editor for collaboration with Nextcloud

Probably some of you know Nextcloud
Wikipedia: a suite of client-server software for creating and using file hosting services. Nextcloud is free and open-source…
With the integrated OnlyOffice Nextcloud is functionally similar to Dropbox, Office 365 or Google Drive, but can be used on home-local computers or for off-premises file storage hosting.

The idea is to develop an open source Nextcloud app to integrate BPMN-/DMN/CMMN-viewing and -editing into Nextcloud e.g. for collaboration in dispersed project teams. The BPMN 2.0 viewer/editor of course should be based on https://bpmn.io/.

BPMN/DMN/CMMN files of type *.bpmn / *.dmn / *.cmmn stored in Nextcloud can be opened by a click for a viewing / annotation / editing mode - depending on the users permissions.
The functionality is similar to the Nextcloud-draw.io-App
or OnlyOffice.

I haven’t found this kind of app yet. CaWeMo or Signavio are special apps in their own, while Nextcloud gives me a whole collaboration and file sync platform on the enterprise level.

What do you think of developing an app for Nextcloud?
Any Nextcloud users here?

Update:
There is a related post about how to integrate Camunda with Nextcloud on a process execution level: Nextcloud Integration with Camunda Workflow Engine

3 Likes

Hi Harald,

big deal!
Many thanks for the modeler plugin for Nextcloud!

I’m a big fan of Nextcloud and also have watched the first approaches of integration Camunda workflow into nextcloud. But after this first steps as you mentioned nothing is going on here :frowning:
(Hoping for https://forum.camunda.io/t/inetgration-with-nextcloud/10536
And now there is a flow component in the growing that is specialized only for Nextcloud.
No Standard BPMN :frowning:
But… there seems to be light at the horizon with your editor plugin released for Nextcloud :wave:
Now we have another free and web based BPMN editor/viewer integration like Viadee (bpmn.io based) Modeler for Confluence .
But this time it is fully opensourced and for the opensource cloud Nextcloud :bangbang:

I searched around the Camunda Community and Conference channels and could not find any posting about it despite of this here in the forum.

Perhaps it helps to copy or move that repo to the new Camunda Community Hub !
Perhaps someone would see that and would start develop an Camunda engine integration for Nextcloud finally :pray:

Besides that - any new features planned for the modeler?
Would be also nice if you would find time for your modeler to take part in the OMG BPMN Model Interchange Working Group contest to get an official certificate of BPMN conformity.
It should be relatively easy because you rely on bpmn.io which also takes part in the contest :wink:
And if you’re mentioned on that site there there will again much more awareness.

Many thanks again!
Uwe

2 Likes

Hi Uwe, thanks for your feedback. Good suggestions. In a first step I will move the repo to the Camunda Community Hub…

1 Like