C8 SaaS Process Initiator

Does the C8 SaaS product have the ability to extract the user who initiated a process via tasklist?

My requirement is I want to assign a followup user task to the person who started the process. Hence I want to either extract it from the process instance context somehow, or get tasklist to populate the user identity in a form so it becomes a process instance variable…(or other solution if it exists)

regards

Rob

1 Like

Hi

I have the same question as @Webcyberrob.

Is there a solution available?

Thanks.

Hi @JoachimVeulemans ,

Currently, the user who started a process is unfortunately not natively available.

When you start the process via a webhook or code (Java, JS, gRPC…), you can pass the user via a variable.

We internally evaluate if we can do the same from Tasklist - pass the user from Tasklist to a variable with a reserved name. Would that help your issue here?

Best,
Christian

Hi @christian-konrad

I will try and start the process via the API while passing the user as a variable but this will take some development on our side.

Unfortunately, this means a user can not start the process from within tasklist itself. I would be nice if that would be possible, I strongly think other users would also benefit from this functionality. I think it was already possible in Camunda 7?

Thank you for your answer as well as evaluation a possible solution internally.

1 Like

@JoachimVeulemans thank you for the feedback. I agree, this would be very valuable.

Hi
Given native tasklist is an authenticated experience, Im puzzled as to what the technical barrier is to having the user principal as an attribute…

So yes the userId or userName injected as a process variable would be useful … My requirement is to use this to assign followup tasks. Hence the value injected must match the value which is used for assignment…

Regards

Rob