Camunda 7.10 to 7.18 upgrade

Hello Team,

We are using camunda as microservice in OpenShift and we are using 7.10 with mysql5.7, we are trying to upgrade camunda 7.18 but it failing with below error.

Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: ENGINE-03004 Exception while executing Database Operation ‘UPDATE EverLivingJobEntity[2bfe1a19-0c0a-11e9-8679-0a580a8205be]’ with message ’

Error flushing statements. Cause: org.apache.ibatis.executor.BatchExecutorException: org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.entity.JobEntity.updateEverLivingJob (batch index #2) failed. 1 prior sub executor(s) completed successfully, but will be rolled back. Cause: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Unknown column ‘FAILED_ACT_ID_’ in ‘field list’

Cause: org.apache.ibatis.executor.BatchExecutorException: org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.entity.JobEntity.updateEverLivingJob (batch index #2) failed. 1 prior sub executor(s) completed successfully, but will be rolled back. Cause: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Unknown column ‘FAILED_ACT_ID_’ in ‘field list’

java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Unknown column ‘FAILED_ACT_ID_’ in ‘field list’
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column ‘FAILED_ACT_ID_’ in ‘field list’
'. Flush summary:
[
INSERT PropertyEntity[camunda.installation.id]
INSERT PropertyEntity[camunda.telemetry.enabled]
UPDATE EverLivingJobEntity[2bfe1a19-0c0a-11e9-8679-0a580a8205be]
]

Please help me to fix this issue.

Hello my friend!

Have you taken a look at the official camunda documentation? From 7.10 to 7.18 a lot changes, so I suggest taking a look at this link below to find out how to update between versions.

I hope this helps!

William Robert Alves

Did you run all of the upgrade scripts?

7.10 → 7.11
7.11 → 7.12
etc?

The upgrade is more than just deploying the new engine executables…

Hello All,

Thanks for the reply, we have executed the scripts and upgrade is working now, but we see few warnings in the logs.

31-Oct-2023 10:12:19.051 WARNING [Camunda BPM Runtime Telemetry Reporter] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logWarn ENGINE-28002 Could not send telemetry data. Reason: ConnectorRequestException with message ‘HTCL-02007 Unable to execute HTTP request’. Set this logger to DEBUG/FINE for the full stacktrace.
31-Oct-2023 10:12:34.184 WARNING [Camunda BPM Runtime Telemetry Reporter] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logWarn ENGINE-28002 Could not send telemetry data. Reason: ConnectorRequestException with message ‘HTCL-02007 Unable to execute HTTP request’. Set this logger to DEBUG/FINE for the full stacktrace.
31-Oct-2023 10:12:49.395 WARNING [Camunda BPM Runtime Telemetry Reporter] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logWarn ENGINE-28002 Could not send telemetry data. Reason: ConnectorRequestException with message ‘HTCL-02007 Unable to execute HTTP request’. Set this logger to DEBUG/FINE for the full stacktrace.

Hello my friend!

From camunda 7.14 telemetry was enabled, perhaps a firewall could be blocking the sending.

If you wish to disable telemetry, here below I leave the link to the official Camunda blog post on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

William Robert Alves