Camunda 7 springboot LDAP integration code

Hi All,
Recently I have done LDAP integration in spring boot project and tested it with OpenLDAP and Microsoft Active Directory. It works great in my testing.
I am sharing the link for GitHub repo here so that community members can benefit from it.

Main Features :

• REST Service secured via LDAP
  • Camunda Webapps secured via LDAP
  • Environment variable to switch the same solution to Basic Auth is also added. It will secure REST and Webapps via DB based accounts.

I have tested this with Docker as well, the same code works if we pass LDAP configuration via Environment variables instead of application.yaml (properties files)

Happy New Year and Cheers !!
Feedback is welcome .

Thanks,
Amar

2 Likes

I have completed testing against enterprise LDAP server in SSL mode and faced some issues with SSL, sharing what worked for me :

1. The ssl cert for LDAP was issued using internal CA so I had to use this flag
    acceptUntrustedCertificates: true

2. There was hostname mismatch in the SSL cert vs DNS so I had to disable host verification by following JAVA_OPTS

-Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.object.disableEndpointIdentification=true

I have updated the repo

• Spring boot 3.2.x
  • Java 17
  • Camunda 7.20
  • Active Directory

Hi @ad_sahota,

• Spring boot 3.2.x
  • Camunda 7.20

Please note that Camunda 7.20 supports only Spring Boot 3.1. Support for Spring boot 3.2 will be added for Camunda 7.21.

Thanks @Yana I looked at the Official Github repo of camunda specially this experimental PR Try out spring boot 3.2 by tasso94 · Pull Request #4006 · camunda/camunda-bpm-platform · GitHub

Interestingly only test cases are changed and camunda 7.20 seems compatible with 3.2 version.
I know it’s not certified yet but it worked for me in my limited use.
I have made changes in repo to use 3.1.7 version of Springboot