Camunda 8.3 Released!

What’s new in 8.3!

Read more in the release blog post!

Multi-Tenancy in Self-Managed

Multi-tenancy reuses a single Camunda cluster, allowing customers to create and provision tenants for multiple use cases or teams. Creating multiple tenants helps scale automation to more teams and initiatives while minimizing costs and operational overhead.

Camunda Marketplace

Camunda Marketplace offers a convenient, centralized location to quickly leverage out-of-the-box Connectors for various business systems created by our community, partners, and Camunda engineers.Users can search by categories such as AI, Automation Services, Collaboration, Data & Analytics, Enterprise Applications, and more to source a pre-built integration for their specific use cases.

Marketplace is tightly integrated with Camunda Web Modeler, making it easy to find and use any pre-built Connector in your project. Whether using Camunda SaaS or Self-Managed, you can simply search for a Connector on Marketplace directly from Web Modeler and add it to your project or organization.

Improved FEEL Editor

The popup FEEL expression editor provides a fully customizable modal to write and edit FEEL expressions. Users can reposition the modal on top of BPMN diagrams or forms to write expressions without obstruction. The popup editor updates in real time so users can write or edit expressions and see the changes reflected live. This dramatically improves their experience writing and editing expressions and speeds up implementing complex logic.

Start Processes from a Public Form

It’s common to have a process that requires human input before it begins, such as when submitting an insurance claim. However, building and maintaining a customer-facing portal can be costly and time-consuming. Developers can now set a form as a start event to trigger a process after form submission. This external form can be embedded into a webpage or portal for easy access by your end users or customers.

And so much more!

• Automatic updates and hot backups for Camunda SaaS
  • Delete process and decision definitions to free up space
  • Leverage the Operate API to retrieve data from decision requirement diagrams, decision definitions, and decision instances
  • Use generative AI to create forms 10x faster
  • Efficiently adjust form layouts, apply conditional logic, and better display information for knowledge workers
  • Easily link resources to activities in Web Modeler
  • Build full-featured headless tasklist applications
  • Customize and share Connectors internally for greater reuse
  • New out-of-the-box Inbound, Intermediate, and Outbound Connectors
  • … and still so much more!

Join our live release webinar on October 24th to see how these features maximize your automation efforts.

5 Likes

Sounds good to have camunda 8.3 and offering multi-tenancy feature but at the same time I have couple of questions here.

1. Desktop version of camunda modeler is available for deploying the multi-tenancy process?
  2. What could be the performance impact if have single cluster to manage multi-tenancy? Will the single cluster enough to handle to load of reusable workers and connectors in multi-tenancy?

Hi @yadav1990 - the latest release of Desktop Modeler does support multi-tenancy. As for the performance impact, it really depends. There are a lot of factors that affect cluster performance. How many process instances are you running? How many processes are deployed? How many workers are registered? How many tenants are there? It naturally has an effect, but my understanding is that it should not have a significant effect.

Hi @nathan.loding ,
I understand your concern but my question is camunda 8.3 have the multi-tenancy feature so, how can we deploy the BPMN process from desktop modeler for each tenant as we had this option in older version when we were using C7.

Hope you understand, what I am looking. Do we have feature in this version?

Open Source Desktop Modeler

Supports: BPMN, DMN, Forms
Version: 5.16.0
Release Date: October 4, 2023
Platform: Camunda 8 and below

Hi @yadav1990 - apologies for the confusion, I was confused myself … multi-tenant deployment is not supported in v5.16.0 of Desktop Modeler. It is supported in the latest Web Modeler for Self-Managed release. Support for multi-tenancy will be available in a future Desktop Modeler release!

1 Like

Thanks @nathan.loding .

During the live release of Camunda 8.3.
Christian Konrad while showing the slide with the text “Open and reusable” mentioned that forms can be integrated in any Front-end technology of our choice.

I would like to ask for more detail and clarification.

Did he say that as a reference to the new feature “Start Processes from a Public Form”, where the public external form can be embedded into a webpage or portal ? here the keyword being: EMBEDDED

or did he mean that as the form and its JSON representation could be used to render a form in other technologies, for example to render a form in React using JavaScript ? here the keyword being: RENDERING

Cheers,
Gerardo

Another question regarding the Camunda Marketplace.
Are all connectors published in the marketplace available for public use? Does the publisher provide free access to them, or is there some form of compensation or pricing strategy in place?

Cheers,

Hi @g.manzano! Great questions!

Embedding vs rendering: you can do either! With public facing forms, you can embed them in an existing website (with an iframe, for instance). All forms are built using form-js and are stored as a JSON definition which is then rendered by form-js. Using the JSON form definition you can render it yourself with form-js or you can parse the details and integrate it with your existing forms. You can also code your own form separate from Camunda entirely and send the values to Camunda via the API.

Camunda Marketplace: the current iteration of the Marketplace is fully open, so anything published to the Marketplace is available for public use. We do encourage that Connectors be developed and released under an open source license to help grow the ecosystem, and nearly all of the Connectors you see in the Marketplace today have an open source license. However, there is a need for private or proprietary Connectors, and the product team is working on developing a private Marketplace to solve that need. It would allow organizations to manage their own Connectors while still providing the ease of use and integration (for instance, via Modeler) that the public Marketplace provides. I believe the private Marketplace is targeted for the 8.5 release in April, but it’s still too early to make a promise on that!

Hope that helps!