Camunda 8 commit

Hi,
As per documentation, Before a new record on a partition can be processed, it must be replicated to a quorum (typically majority) of brokers(Clustering | Camunda Platform 8 Docs).

In case of process instance creation or job completion, zeebeclient(java) will get the successful response from gateway once the corresponding leader broker replicate and process is completed?

if ‘yes’- I have replication factor 3, then we will get response even if once follower broker replicated successfully?

Hi @Manian_Manoharan,
as far as I know (and this might be outdated by now).

The Zeebe Client gets an acknowledgement (or not) from the Gateway right away. There is no ack of success or failure when it comes to what the workers are doing. This information is not shared back to the client.

But I might be wrong here…
-Thomas

@Hafflgav ,
you are right about workers. we don’t get the information about workers. But dispatching each command to gateway follows flow 1 or 2?

1. zeebe client <—> Gateway <----> Broker 1(Leader broker) <----> Broker 2(Follower broker) (entire flow is synchronous)

2. zeebe client <—> Gateway <----> Broker 1(Leader broker) <—async call → Broker 2(Follower broker)

If you are doing CreateProcessInstance, you will receive back a CreateProcessInstanceResponse when the process in created (which includes replicating the commit).

If you are doing CreateProcessInstanceWithResult, you will receive a CreateProcessInstanceWithResultResponse once the process has completed, or you will receive a timeout if the process does not complete within the Gateway → Broker timeout period (by default 15s).