Camunda 8 Self managed deployment on Openshift

Hi Team,

Is There any step by step example document for deploying camunda8 SAAS on openshift kubernetes using helm charts / docker images.

I tried deploying on Openshift Sandbox using helm charts(followed documentation), but it seems sandbox has limited resources and the operate/ tasklist pods were not running. Can this be achieved ?

Can we deploy this helm chart using Jenkins pipeline ?

Hello @ShilpaN.Chalke ,

if you want the platform to consume less resources, please have a look at the values.yaml for kind which is in the camunda-platform-helm github repo.

By combining this with the Openshift instructions, you should be able to bring up a Camunda 8 Platform (without Identity, with only 1 Zeebe Broker and without Optimize).

If you need more, you can adjust the values yaml.

Regarding helm on jenkins:
As far as your jenkins worker has helm installed, this should not be a problem. However, I am not too sure how well helm handles local states on distributed clients, but I am sure there is some information in the jenkins community.

Jonathan

@ShilpaN.Chalke - Any progress on this same. I am trying to do the same. But I would like to do for dev to prod environment. Can you share if you feel some documentation will helpful for me.

Hi @vinothkumar , download camunda’s helm charts from github. Take a look at the helm values.yaml. We need to customize it as per our requirements. The documentation within this values.yaml is self explanatory.