Camunda 8 User task name dynamically create/change -dynamically create or change user task name based on process input data request

User task name dynamically create/change -dynamically create or change user task name based on process input data request.

PFA ,How to generate User Task name dynamically Please suggest me

Hi @Ramesh_Reddy_Bolla,

have a look at this post: Dynamically Override "User-Task" Name or taskDefKey , using an expression. eg : ${taskDefinitionKey == TASK_ID} - #2 by Ingo_Richtsmeier

There are other posts available with more specific examples, as well. I could not find them right now.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hello Richtsmeier,

Thanks for you response.

you shared for Camunda 7 related , but i need this for Camunda 8 User task name change dynamically.

Please suggest how we can change User task name in Camunda 8.

Thanks
Ramesh Bolla

Hi @Ramesh_Reddy_Bolla,

sorry for reading your topic not carefully enough.

In Camunda 8 you have to implement your own Tasklist.

When a user task gets activated, your user task worker can handle the task in the way you want and store or display any other String as the task name in your database.

Your task worker has to subscribe to the topic io.camunda.zeebe:userTask: User tasks | Camunda Platform 8 Docs

Hope this helps, Ingo

My point is as you mentioned below, not related to custom tasklist

When a user task gets activated, your user task worker can handle the task in the way you want and store or display any other String as the task name in your database.

I was tried this option but it was not working when i was setting the task name in the usertask worker Java class.

Why because already previous user task details in workflow engine, those were not chai even i was setting in usertask worker it was overriding and displays old use taskname or user taskid if no user task name present

Please suggest best approach in the C8 code snippet

Thanks
Ramesh

Hi @Ramesh_Reddy_Bolla,

you have to disable the prebuild Camunda 8 Tasklist, as it has no option to change the task name.

All task handling has to happen in your application.

Sorry, I don’t have a code example at hand.

Hope this helps, Ingo

@Ingo_Richtsmeier ,

PFA, In Camunda 7 we can achive dynamic user task name creation for user task triggers but Can you please sugget how we can achive in Camunda 8.

you have to disable the prebuild Camunda 8 Tasklist, as it has no option to change the task name- kindly requesting you , is it relative to my above ask - if yes can you explain more details.

Thanks
Ramesh

@Ingo_Richtsmeier ,

to give more info about my issue.

something similar you have responded by using Camunda 7 , PFB link. I need the the same by using Camunda 8 .

https://forum.camunda.io/t/how-to-change-the-usertasks-name-according-to-process-variables/28467/15

Thanks
ramesh

Short answer: This cannot be done with the base Camunda 8 software.

It is possible in Camunda 7, but not Camunda 8.
If you want to do it with Camunda 8, you must build your own Tasklist.