Camunda Bpmn deployment process

Hello, Team.

I have a case in which I would like to deploy the bpmn file independently of an application using a ci/cd pipeline, using the bpmn file and camunda server location as inputs.

When I was trying to explore an alternative with the Camunda by going through the official documentation, it appears that after Camunda 8 deployment via RestAPI is no longer available, although there is still support for the GRPC but insufficient information to implement in the document.

Could someone please tell me whether this is doable using RestAPI? If yes, could you please give any reference documents or samples? or do we have another option for deploying this workflow process?

Thanks & Regards,
Raja Gandharaw.

Hi @GRajaMca - correct, the gRPC deployment is the supported method. You can also look into integrating Web Modeler with your CI/CD pipelines. (Web Modeler requires a SaaS account or Enterprise license for self-managed, however.)

Hi @GRajaMca,

you can create your own REST API in your worker application and forward the request to the GRPC client.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.