Camunda Community Hub GroupID and Parent POM Updates

Hello all! We are hoping to set up a unified GroupID for Community Hub Projects [and a centralized Parent POM for our CI/CD pipeline] and have two options to choose from for this upcoming change to the group ID, and were wondering which you as a community would prefer:

Option 1: io.camunda.community
Option 2: org.camunda.community

This change will be rolled out by the end of Q2 [30th of June, 2021] and we are bundling the ParentPOM update with the GroupID update so that Maintainers only have to update their code with the new credentials once. Maintainers would need to follow the following guide for “relocation”: https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html from the old to the new groupID, and we will update any impacted documentation accordingly to detail this updated information/process.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I am happy to help. :smiley:

• io.camunda.community
  • org.camunda.community

0 voters

Hello wonderful Camunda Community Hub members! As I’d mentioned previously, the broader Camunda community as a whole has voted, and we’ve decided on a unified GroupID for community hub project of org.camunda.community!

To learn more about how to switch your repository to the new GroupID, please take a look at our new documentation.

If you have any questions. please don’t hesitate to ask. I am happy to help however possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello once again, fantastic Community Hub members!

As an update to my previous message regarding the updated GroupID in the Community Hub, we now have an updated Community Hub release parent POM which can be inherited for Community Hub Maven releases, defining some common release properties. The idea behind the community-hub-release-parent is that it will be easier to maintain for everyone, as one has to just adjust the version used and not include all new xyz features. You can learn more about it by reading the documentation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please let me know if you have any questions! I am happy to help!

2 Likes