Camunda creating pods and docker container? Error

Hello all,

I hope you are doing good. I recently deployed Camunda 7 on kubernetes. When i am creating deployment using kubernetes deployment file, the camunda creates the pod as well as docker containers for camunda. These docker containers are consuming alot of space on host level nealy 50GB depends on processes.

I am not sure why its creating docker containers along with the pods. It should only create pods as we are deploying it in kubernetes and with postgresql database.

Would be very grateful for any help.

thanks!

Hi @Ajmal_khalil
It might be helpful to see the kubernetes deployment file that you use.
Could you share it?

Regards,
Alex

(post deleted by author)

@Ajmal_khalil
I just realized that I do not fully understand what you mean by "When i am creating deployment using kubernetes deployment file, the camunda creates the pod as well as docker containers for camunda. ". Could you illustrate it with some screenshots?

Hello Alex,

Above is my deployment file

when i apply it ideally it should create a camunda/workflow pod.

But in my case when i apply it it creates one pod and two docker containers which you can see in attached images

When i apply above deployment file it should not create these two docker containers along with a pod. Instead it should only create one pod which is desired. Also, these docker containers are occupying alot of space on linux host. Please help me what to do to fix it. thanks!

I want to emphasize that it’s not about “the camunda creates the pod as well as docker containers for camunda” because Camunda does not create anything like pods or docker containers.

Secondly, you’re using some custom image “mim/workflow-ms:0.1.1-SNAPSHOT”, it’s not an official image so you need to communicate with a team that develops it on any related questions. The same applies to docker containers.

Regarding the docker containers, it looks like you’re executing docker ps command from the worker node Worker-node2, which might explain why the Docker containers running there.

I would recommend you read a bit more about the general concepts of Kubernetes and Docker.