Camunda Galleon Feature-pack

Hello,

are there any plans to make the Wildfly extension available as a Galleon Feature-pack as well?

Currently we use the provided Camunda-Wildfly distribution and install other extensions “by hand”, which can be quite cumbersome and error-prone.
Galleon would make the whole thing much easier and could perhaps also be used to build the Camunda-Wildfly distribution itself?

Hi @ybroeker
Thanks for bringing this up, i haven’t heard anyone else asking about this, but it does sound like a helpful tool for camunda.
Because of it being so specific it’s more likely to be a community extension rather than a part of our product.

1 Like

Hi @ybroeker! This is a really interesting suggestion! Thank you so much for bringing it up! I synced with @tmetzke who is on the Camunda Platform team and he had this to say, “That’s an interesting suggestion. It would allow people to consume our Wildfly distro in a different way than downloading the whole thing. Customizing it also seems a bit easier for customers with a provided Galleon feature pack. If they feel up to it, it would definitely be a nice addition to the ecosystem I would say. If I understand the documentation correctly, I think they would need to rewrite or at least modify how our Camunda Wildfly subsystem is built into the Wildfly distribution but that should be manageable. I am fairly confident that we will not have the time nor the resources to do this ourselves in the near future.”

That being said, don’t despair! If this is something you’d like to take on, I would love to invite you to join the Camunda Community Hub, and to create a community extension that would make Camunda-Wildfly available as a Galleon feature pack. If this is something that interests you, if you let me know your GitHub username, I can send you an invite to the Community Hub and get you started with the process.

Again, thank you so much for the question!

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply!

I currently already have a working prototype (at least for our requirements), and would like to make it available as a community extension.

My Github login is the same as here in the forum, ybroeker.

Hi @ybroeker! That’s fantastic news! I’ve sent you an invite to join the Camunda Community Hub, and the instructions for creating a new repository or transferring a new one are available by clicking on the link in my previous post. You can also use the template repository to get started quickly if you’re not migrating over an existing repo.

I look forward to seeing the extension, and thank you again for your contributions to Camunda!

I tried to follow the instructions you linked, but signing the CLA is not possible, the button to confirm only leads to a 404 error.
Is there anything I can do?

Hi @ybroeker!

I’m so sorry for the trouble! I’m looking into this and will get back to you ASAP with a resolution!

Best,
Rin

Hi again! I just wanted to follow up and let you know that I (sadly) don’t have any update here yet. Once there’s an update to the support ticket I have open on this, I will definitely let you know ASAP. I haven’t forgotten you and am looking forward to getting you invited to the Community Hub, and to this awesome extension! :slight_smile:

Hi @ybroeker!

I have good news! I just sent you an invite to join the Community Hub. :smiley:

Once you accept the invite, you should be able to follow the documented process to transfer the working prototype for the Galleon feature pack into the Community Hub, and sign the CLA, as we’ve resolved the issue we were experiencing there.

Please do feel free to reach out if you have any questions or run into any trouble. I am happy to help!

Best,
Rin