camunda history into PoweBI

Hello! A client of mine wants to see the historical events from Camunda in their PowerBI Platform. They are looking to do some basic reporting.
Is there a native solution to this problem?

Hello my dear!

If I’m not mistaken, Camunda Optimize has a native integration that facilitates the communication and data extraction for Power BI, but if you don’t have access to the Optimize tool, an alternative is to use Camunda’s Historic APIs to extract the data and send to Power BI, and this is not a native solution, but it is a possible solution that might help you.

Remembering that Camunda Optimize also offers a series of detailed reports, and if you and your client have access to it, integration with Power BI may not even be necessary.

Regards.
William Robert Alves

Thank you! Camunda Optimise is not implemented. I will look if Optimise can natively support PowerBi.
(Looks like Optimise requires Elasticsearch too, so not sure how easy is it to adopt)
I was looking into Camunda REST and looks like it has what we want, just want to see if there is an easier way available.

Sure, my friend! As I mentioned above, Camunda has a very complete Rest API and with it you will get all the information you need to integrate it into your Power BI.

William Robert Alves

if anyone is interested, we have created a connector for Airbyte to extract Camunda history events for analytics. Creating Camunda Airbyte Connector - MetaOps