Camunda optimize -Elastic Search for history events

Hi,
I would like to understand, how we can leverage the elastic search feature (camunda optimize) to query for history events.
Please provide some details on the following items

1. How we configure so that history events are also pushed to elastic search
  2. How we can query them?
  3. How we can extract process variable (and their values) from this setup based on instance-id.
  4. Any rest api or java api ?

Hi @Nitin_Gupta,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Here are my answers to your questions:

1. Optimize automatically imports the data from the engine. You just have to configure the connection and the rest will be done by Optimize for you.
  2. You can use the Optimize front-end to create reports so that you can get insights into your data. You don’t have to manually query the data.
  3. You don’t have to extract them manually. In the report builder, you can just group by variables or create variable filters to extract data for your variables.
  4. There is no rest API or Java API so far available. May I ask why you need that?

I would recommend watching the getting started with Optimize in less than 5 minutes video. I think this will shed some light.

Does that help you?

Cheers
Johannes

1 Like

Thank you for reply.
Our use case is as follows;

As we have rest apis to get process variables for a processInstanceId.
/history/variable-instance?processInstanceId=aab9fcca-1741-11ea-83c7-f6515e7bfa1c

We are looking, once we utilise optimize ( since its push all these details to Elastic Search), how we can query just like above to get process variable.
We are looking in automate way ( apis) to get these values.