Camunda & Quarkus

Hi All,

Thanks for your great work and I am happy to see the Camunda 8 release.

Our company switched some time ago from JarkataEE (+ various full profile servers) to Quarkus. We have always used camunda in several projects (as an integrated bpmn engine).

I saw that there is a quarkus extension for camunda → but its depends on a pretty old quarkus version:

Also the new 7.17 release hasn’t updated this dependency - at least not in the docs:

In Version 8 this option is completely gone - or did I miss something?
Does version 8 support “integrated” process engines? Or is it just standalone DOcker / Kubernetes anymore?

Thanks Max

1 Like

Okay - Those who can read have an advantage - or at least find the right article :wink:

Found the right blog post about 7 vs. 8 - which explains why there is no engine integration anymore in Version 8:

Still I would be interested what are the plans for Quarkus in Version 7?

Greetings Max

Are you asking about what further development is planned for Quarkus integration with Camunda 7?
If so I can try to find out for you

Yes exactly - especially the Quarkus version support - as Quarkus is released pretty often (every 2 month or so a new version) - and we tend to keep our stack up-to-date in our continuous delivery pipeline.

As an example - we have now Quarkus 2.8.0 - but latest “supported” Camunda extention claims to be compatible with Quarkus 2.1.2.Final (released August 11, 2021)

Camunda has released 7.17 but didn’t update the Quarkus version in the docs - as explained above:

So yes - the question is what are the plans for the Camunda 7 engine and Quarkus in the next 5 years …

Thanks Max

Sure, thing - i’ll find out for you as soon as i can

Any Update?

Hey @markus_buchner,

heads up - we updated Quarkus in our 7.18 alpha 1 release to 2.8 - Camunda Platform Runtime 7.18.0-alpha1 released - Announcements - Camunda Platform Forum

Regards Tobias

1 Like