Camunda Run issue

Alrighty… :slight_smile:
New plan! We can try to run it from a terminal window.
if you hold shift and right click inside the directory you should have an option to open powershell - from there you can enter ./start.batand it’ll try to startup without closing the window.

That should show what the problem is with starting it

looks like I am missing the newest Java version :slight_smile:

thanks!

Great, let me know if you manage to get it working :slight_smile:

Hi @Niall
got it working, thanks!

opening the localhost:8080 it shows the following. But I am missing user credentials. it is not demo:demo?

BR
Max

looks like this was caused by a NoClassDefFoundError :smiley:

Does anyone know where that error derives from?

BR Max

Can you make sure that you’re using a java version before java 15.
Java 15 wont be supported until the next release so it could be causing problems

I downgraded to 14 and it works now! thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am currently trying to invoke a simple workflow via REST API (this worked already via Postman) from my application in my SAP Cloud system. There I am calling a destination which looks similar to the URL from Postman. This fails - I was wondering if that could work? As I am calling localhost camunda REST API from my cloud SAP environment. Do you know if in this case I would have to change the target URL from camunda?

BR
Max

In what way exactly does it fail?
What specific rest call are you trying to make. I see you’re pointing at the rest end point but i don’t see which call you’re making

this is in my Java Script Code to call the destination and append it with what I need.
This has been done before with another destination for SAP Workflow engine. Now I tried the same for camunda and thought it might work ;). “test_workflow” is my test workflow ID which I deployed to camunda Run platform.

const workflow = await cds.connect.to(‘workflow_camunda’);
wf_instance = await workflow.tx(req).post(’/process-definition/key/test_workflow/start’,
{ })
return wf_instance;

And can you explain how exactly it fails?

well, the error messages say internal error and that the URL is not reachable. after thinking about this it makes sense to me as my camunda runs locally for myself on localhost. but in the cloud for my SAP app localhost is the cloud itself and thus not my local camunda. That would mean I need a REST API in the internet from camunda. Do you know if there is an API reachable through the internet?

Awww ok, you if you’re not running the SAP thing locally that wont work.
You need to either open up the port on your local machine so that you can reach it from outside.
Or
Deploy camunda to a server somewhere

I have done the last thing and deployed it somewhere. That works! thanks!
I got two more questions :smiley:

1. can I put fields next to each other inside a form or does ist only work below each other?
  1. the expression for exclusive gateways works on buttons (actions reset and submit)? I receive an error as implemented below (my buttons key is “rejectButton”).
    Maybe I could provide two options (approve, reject) in a textfield as a dropdown?

camunda_gateway

I would be thankful for any feedback!

BR
Max

I understood that building my own html forms in eclipse inside a maven project is the better option to implement buttons and decisions :slight_smile:

therefore I used the twitter project as a reference:
camunda-bpm-examples/spring-boot-starter/example-twitter at master · camunda/camunda-bpm-examples (github.com)

never the less I am receiving the following error:

Do you possibly know that this could be related to?

Best Regards
Max

Hi @MSc_Conet,

on Camunda Run, the form is picked up differently as in the camunda-spring-boot-starter, run from maven.

You have to deploy the form together with the process model and use embedded:deployment:FORM_NAME.html to reference the form.

Be aware that you have to deploy all artifacts together in a single deployment if you change just one of them.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier
Thank you!

Do you know if there is another way than doing it via curl command?

BR
Max

found the soultion here already, thanks
Deploy both .html embedded form and .bpmn model using rest API - Cockpit / Tasklist / Admin & Web - Camunda Platform Forum