Camunda tutorial help - tickbox issue - Unknown property used in expression: ${approved}. Cause: Cannot resolve identifier 'approved'

Hi,

I’m working through the tutorial (Add Gateways to the Process (5/6) | docs.camunda.org) and have hit an issue with the boolean “approved” variable.

The flow chart is set up as per the tutorial, using the expression ${!approved} for the “no” option:

If I run the process and select the tickbox “Approve” in the user task, the process runs to complete. However, if I leave the tickbox unselected (ie not approving), I get the message:

An error happened while submitting the task form : Cannot submit task form 74dc5eb0-5290-11ec-8d87-7c76354947cd: Unknown property used in expression: ${approved}. Cause: Cannot resolve identifier ‘approved’

It’s as if the approved variable is only created if I select the tickbox.

I’ve been through this a few times and cannot see what is wrong. Any help is gratefully received.

Mike

Can you upload the model itself?

Sure thing - should be attached:
payment.bpmn (7.1 KB)

Can you also upload the form you’re using for the approve payment task?

Please find it attached:
payment.form (517 Bytes)

Hi @mikethornndph

I looked into this and it looks like a bug with the way the variables are created on tick boxes.
I’ll create a bug ticket for it (if one doesn’t already exist) in the mean time - if you click the tickbox twice (on and back off) it should work.

Thanks for helping us find this.

@Niall Ah, okay, glad to have been of services :slight_smile:

Many thanks for all your help over the last couple of days. On a related thought, I’m investigating tools we might use for our data-pipelines. Is there a route/forum/email address that I can address a few questions to please?

Your best bet is to send us a request here: Contact Us - Camunda
Then you can get someone dedicated to helping you out.

Great, thanks very much.

It looks like this has already been reported, you can take a look at it here: