Camunda UI search-tasklist plugin giving 401

Hi camunda folks,

I have implemented custom search plugin similar to code/snippets/tasklist-plugin-easy-search at master · camunda-consulting/code · GitHub.

I can login to the Camunda UI after the implementation, can access dashboard, cockpit but when I try to access tasklist I am being redirected to login page on a loop.

In dev tools I can see a api call to access search.html(part of the plugin added) and returned with 401 response.

Any thoughts on this?

Hi @Sandeep_Kumar,

maybe the internal plugin code doesn’t fit to the current architecture. The way to write plugins for the current Cockpit and Tasklist has changed with 7.14. You can start here Cockpit Plugins | docs.camunda.org to find more details and an update guide: Update from 7.13 to 7.14 | docs.camunda.org

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier thanks for the response. We are using 7.12, does it still mean we have to use either of one of the approaches above?

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier , does it mean we have to upgrade to 7.14 ? we are using 7.12.

Hi @Sandeep_Kumar,

No, you should be able to run the Tasklist plugin with 7.12 as well. But my Javascript knowledge is too limited to help you further. Sorry.

The root cause for the above behavior was I missed static in the file path of the HTML file in ViewsProvider in plugin.js, so it was trying to fetch from server on which it was returning 401.

url: ‘plugin://easy-search-plugin/static/app/search.html’,