Camunda Webapp Statistics Plugin

I’m using 7.6.0 release and would like to use the statistics plugin cockpit-statistics-plugin

I downloaded the branch code, changed version to “7.5.0-alpha1” for camunda-webapp-core in pom.xml and successfully built the jar file. Note, there is no 7.6.0 version for camunda-webapp-core, so i have used the latest available.

I dropped the jar into the tomcat lib folder and restarted my engine.
When logging into cockpit, the following error is seen cockpit_error_2.txt (7.2 KB)

Do you have any suggestions?


Based upon an admittedly cursory and ignorant review of the error, it looks like you’re missing a library of some sort, specifically the AbstractCockpitPlugin. I work in WildFly so I would put such a required library down in the modules directory of the WildFly installation. However, you should have been able to include it when you built the plugin. Did you include the 7.6.0 BOM dependency management?

Hi @davekant,

Yes, with 7.6 the camunda-webapp-core artifact is not available anymore. Could you try to change this dependency to


For further details how to develop a Cockpit plugin please have a look into 1.


Thanks Roman,
This change gives a successful build and i have a jar.
Now where should this file be placed?
Using the distribution bundle i placed the file in ${CAMUNDA_BUNDLE}/server/apache-tomcat-8.0.24/lib folder, but after the restart, cockpit doesn’t show any changes in the dashboard.
So perhaps there is another step other than including the jar in the lib folder?


Hi @davekant

You have to place the jar inside 1:

Does it help you?


I tried that approach as well and we have the following error when connecting to cockpit.

01-Feb-2017 12:43:34.802 WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-6] null.null It was not able to load the following file ‘app/plugin.css’.

camunda_error_3.txt (31.6 KB)

Hi @davekant,

Have you changed something apart the pom.xml?

On my machine it is running :wink: Therefore I

  1. downloaded a fresh camunda bpm platform (tomcat)
  2. cloned the cockpit-plugin-statistics
  3. changed the camunda.version to 7.6.0
  4. removed the dependency to camunda-webapp-core
  5. added a new dependency to camunda-webapp
  6. executed mvn clean install
  7. placed the jar reside /server/apache-tomcat-8.0.24/webapps/camunda/WEB-INF/lib/
  8. started the tomcat

As a result, the plugin is available on the dashboard.


Hi Roman,
That’s good to know.
I think we identified the problem on our side, one of the files we downloaded in the plugin zip bundle failed to come over due to absolute filename length. We have fixed this and can confirm the plugin is working.

Thank you again for your help!