Camunda Wildfly not starting up

I am a beginner on the Camunda platform and just following instructions to get started.

The modeler and eclipse and otehr things are all set. However, when i tried to run the Camunda wildfly, the server does not turn on. It gives the below error.

class __redirected.__SAXParserFactory cannot access class com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl (in module java.xml) because module java.xml does not export com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp to unnamed module @7dc5e7b4

Can you please help?

I have done some basic check, the JAVA_HOME was properly set and the ports are available as per my knowledge.

Sorry, only part of the error got pasted. Below is the entrie error:

Exception in thread “main” javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl could not be instantiated: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.xml/javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:201)
at java.xml/javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:148)
at java.xml/javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:326)
at java.xml/javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:223)
at java.xml/javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(XMLInputFactory.java:166)
at __redirected.__XMLInputFactory.(__XMLInputFactory.java:66)
at __redirected.__JAXPRedirected.initAll(__JAXPRedirected.java:77)
at org.jboss.modules.Module$1.run(Module.java:132)
at org.jboss.modules.Module$1.run(Module.java:119)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318)
at org.jboss.modules.Module.(Module.java:119)
at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:385)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectConstructorHandleAccessor.newInstance(DirectConstructorHandleAccessor.java:79)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:499)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:483)
at java.xml/javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:190)
… 11 more
Caused by: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider __redirected.__SAXParserFactory could not be instantiated: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.xml/javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:199)
at java.xml/javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:147)
at java.xml/javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:227)
at java.xml/javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:181)
at java.xml/jdk.xml.internal.JdkXmlUtils.getSAXFactory(JdkXmlUtils.java:351)
at java.xml/jdk.xml.internal.JdkXmlUtils.(JdkXmlUtils.java:88)
at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.PropertyManager.initConfigurableReaderProperties(PropertyManager.java:144)
at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.PropertyManager.(PropertyManager.java:78)
at java.xml/com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl.(XMLInputFactoryImpl.java:51)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectConstructorHandleAccessor.newInstance(DirectConstructorHandleAccessor.java:67)
… 14 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectConstructorHandleAccessor.newInstance(DirectConstructorHandleAccessor.java:79)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:499)
at java.xml/javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:188)
… 23 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class __redirected.__SAXParserFactory cannot access class com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl (in module java.xml) because module java.xml does not export com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp to unnamed module @7dc5e7b4
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.Reflection.newIllegalAccessException(Reflection.java:394)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkAccess(AccessibleObject.java:674)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:492)
at __redirected.__SAXParserFactory.(__SAXParserFactory.java:106)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectConstructorHandleAccessor.newInstance(DirectConstructorHandleAccessor.java:67)
… 26 more

Is there a specific reason why you’ve chosen to use wildfly?
Can you let me know what version of Java you’re using?

I chose to use Wildfly to be able to learn all the facets of Camunda.

I am using Java 1.8 on ky personal laptop.

The wildlfy option i chose was 7.10 alpha4 from the camunda wildfly website.

If you’re interested in learning Camunda Platform 7 i’d suggest a better place to start would be to use:

Most people using Camunda don’t tend to use Wildfly unless it’s a per-existing requirement because its a little over the top in terms of whats required by Camunda.