Camunda8 webmodeler play mode - temporary cluster

Hello All,

In camunda 8 webmodeler I enabled play mode in Self managed senvironment.

" Using Play mode in Camunda Web Modeler gives developers access to a Zeebe-powered playground environment. When you are testing your process, this provides an option to try out your process with no effect on your existing Zeebe cluster. It sets up a temporary cluster just for the purpose of Play."

As I read from documentaion, it will create a tempory cluster but how if we are in self managed environment?
Will it always create this temporary cluster in Camunda’s cloud environment? If yes is there any additional cost? Or can it be set up in self manged way?

Thanks.

Hi @tech_a!

Yes, play mode creates a temporary cluster that is free to play around without affecting your Zeebe cluster. You can set it up for your Self-Managed instance using the play-enabled flag.

1 Like

Thanks @sholstine. But in Camunda’s cloud environment? (No option to do in self manged way)
In case of it, need enabled firewall configuration to Camunda’s cloud environment.
From point of view Self managed enviroement.
Could you please confirm that this will be created there, not in Self managed environment?

Thanks

Yes, at the moment, play is created and run on completely isolated Camunda-hosted infrastructure for both Saas and Self-Managed. It will not be created in your Self-Managed environment.

Hi @tech_a,

I’m the Product Manager working on Play. The 8.6 release in October is planned to have a Self-Managed option where Play connects to the Camunda cluster you use for your development environment and uses Zeebe, Operate, and Tasklist APIs to drive a real process instance with the option to mock tasks or events in the UI.

We’re defining the solution and could use your help:

• What would be a good user experience for admins setting up Play?
  • How isolated do users need to be from each other?
  • Who should be able to use Play?

Best,
Eric

PS: Here’s the epic you can review

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.