Cannot deploy processes (Community Ed 7.11 for Linux) [because of non-English folder names!]

Hi,

I use Modeler 3.4.1 and Community Edition 7.11 (Tomcat) both under Debian Linux 9.11 x64, openjdk 1.8.0.0_232

When I try to deploy the process from camunda-get-started-quickstart-master.zip, I receive:

ENGINE-09005 Could not parse BPMN process. Errors:

• src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘extension’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | payment.bpmn | line 15 | column 70
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘rootElement’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | payment.bpmn | line 16 | column 72
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘bpmndi:BPMNDiagram’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | payment.bpmn | line 17 | column 79
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘relationship’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | payment.bpmn | line 18 | column 73
  • cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element ‘{“http://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/20100524/MODEL”:process}’. One of ‘{“http://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/20100524/MODEL”:import}’ is expected. | payment.bpmn | line 3 | column 85
  • cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve ‘bpmn:tFormalExpression’ to a type definition for element ‘bpmn:conditionExpression’. | payment.bpmn | line 24 | column 67
  • cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve ‘bpmn:tFormalExpression’ to a type definition for element ‘bpmn:conditionExpression’. | payment.bpmn | line 32 | column 67
  • cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve ‘bpmn:tFormalExpression’ to a type definition for element ‘bpmn:conditionExpression’. | payment.bpmn | line 35 | column 67
  • cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve ‘bpmn:tFormalExpression’ to a type definition for element ‘bpmn:conditionExpression’. | payment.bpmn | line 41 | column 67 [ deploy-error ]

These errors I receive also on absolutely ANY process I try to deploy:
ENGINE-09005 Could not parse BPMN process. Errors:

• src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘extension’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | ****.bpmn | line 15 | column 70
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘rootElement’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | ****.bpmn | line 16 | column 72
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘bpmndi:BPMNDiagram’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | ****.bpmn | line 17 | column 79
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘relationship’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | ****.bpmn | line 18 | column 73
    *cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element ‘{“_http://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/20100524/MODEL”:process}’. One of ‘{“_http://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/20100524/MODEL”:import}’ is expected. | ****.bpmn | line 3 | column 85 [ deploy-error ]

Appreciate for suggestions!
Cheers!

By the way, there is no Deployment icon on the top left corner of Deployment screen of the Cockpit!

P.P.S I have tried 7.10 version. The same.

Can you upload you model?
Also - did you model this from the beginning with the Camunda modeler or did you use another tool?
Did you edit the XML is some way?

Hi Niall,
I did not used other tools, some files I created myself, also checked unchanged examples downloaded from Camunda site. I didn’t edit XMLs at all.

This is example file downloaded from here , unchanged
payment.bpmn (7.7 KB)

Regards,
Mikhail

P.S. Wildfly 7.11 version - the same

Also, I cannot upload more than two links at once so:
This is example file from here, unchanged
payment.bpmn (2.8 KB)

This is the simplest process file created by me (Start and End evens only):
simplest.bpmn (2.6 KB)
This is a process I created following Quick Start instructions from Docs:
quickstart.bpmn (2.8 KB)

How are you deploying the process?
I had no problem deploying the process you uploaded

I deploy them via Modeler deploy menu. Suprisingly I see no deployment icon in the cockpit, so only one way:
Eg Name: quickstart
RestEndpoint: http://localhost:8080/engine-rest
Authentification: HTTP Basic
Username and password I created in Admin for the first time.

It reports that connected successfully

but then reports that deployment failed

No deployment icon in the Cockpit:

Tried clean 32bit installations of Modeler and 7.11 with Tomcat on clean Lubuntu 16.04 32bit
The same result: deployment failed.

The problem was in Russian/Cyrillic folder names in the server installation path.
Unlike Windows version, Camunda Platform for Linux starts incorrectly if Russian/Cyrillic folder names are used. In this case there are no predefined accounts (demo/demo), nor preloaded sample processes and it is also impossible to deploy new procesess.

If I use only English folder names in the installation path, all is OK.

I’ve attached log files if the developers are interesting of them

catalina.2019-11-04.log (39.6 KB) localhost.2019-11-04.log (19.0 KB)

1 Like

04-Nov-2019 17:24:30.239 WARNING [main] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logWarn ENGINE-09004 Warnings during parsing:

• schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document ‘BPMNDI.xsd’, because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not xsd:schema. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 8 | column 96
  • schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document ‘Semantic.xsd’, because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not xsd:schema. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 9 | column 46

catalina.out (39.8 KB)