Cannot select datasource in collection for assigned user

I am trying to set up multi-tenancy and test it against Optimize.

I have two users that are assigned to groups, where each group is assigned to a tenant, as follows (the same configuration applies to user tenant2):

I have setup the following application authorisations for the groups that are using the optimize resource:

In Optimize, I have setup the following collections, with each collection having either the T1 or T2 groups assigned:

And each collection has the following data sources configured, with a tenant specific process and a shared process:

Now when I log in as user tenant1, I see just the Tenant 1 collection as expected, and as tenant2 I only see collection Tenant 2 as expected.

However, when I go to create a dashboard as either user, I am unable to select a data source, and it claims none have been setup. I would expect to see the datasources that the admin user setup when they created the collection.

So, is there something I am missing?

I am running the following versions:

• Camunda 7.19
  • Optimize 3.10.3

Hi @Justin_Phillips,

You have used demo user to create the collections and add data sources. The demo user is part of camunda-admin group, which has all permissions for all resources (Application, Authorization, etc.).

Could you please check the Tenant 1 and Tenant 2 groups permission on Process Definition Resource? So far, I can see that these groups only have permissions on Application resource.

Let me know if granting permission on the Process Definition level solves this issue.

Best,
Michal

2 Likes

Thanks @michal.dytko , that worked.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.