Cannot start the spring boot camunda app

Hi Experts,

I’m new to Camunda & I’m stuck in a peculiar situation. So in my organization we have a spring boot camunda 7 app which was working earlier however after merging master code does not start on tomcat on my system. There’s no error in the logs however when try to hit the camunda cockpit url it says ‘404’ i.e the app does not boot.

So I took a fresh pull of the branch at a different location deleted the camunda database and then recreated it but now I get the below exception. Even though I have a single file with the id demo1 in the bpmn project. I maybe missing something can someone please assist me, feel like the process seems to be cached somewhere and camunda keeps on complaining about it.

Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: The deployment contains definitions with the same key ‘demo1’ (id attribute), this is not allowed

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.AbstractDefinitionDeployer.ensureNoDuplicateDefinitionKeys(AbstractDefinitionDeployer.java:192)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.AbstractDefinitionDeployer.deploy(AbstractDefinitionDeployer.java:65)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.deploy.cache.CacheDeployer$1.call(CacheDeployer.java:54)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.deploy.cache.CacheDeployer$1.call(CacheDeployer.java:51)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContext.runWithoutAuthorization(CommandContext.java:559)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContext.runWithoutAuthorization(CommandContext.java:547)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.deploy.cache.CacheDeployer.deploy(CacheDeployer.java:51)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.deploy.cache.DeploymentCache.deploy(DeploymentCache.java:71)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.entity.DeploymentManager.insertDeployment(DeploymentManager.java:64)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cmd.DeployCmd.deploy(DeployCmd.java:254)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cmd.DeployCmd.lambda$doExecute$0(DeployCmd.java:155)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContext.runWithoutAuthorization(CommandContext.java:559)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContext.runWithoutAuthorization(CommandContext.java:547)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cmd.DeployCmd.doExecute(DeployCmd.java:141)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cmd.DeployCmd.execute(DeployCmd.java:101)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cmd.DeployCmd.execute(DeployCmd.java:81)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:28)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor.execute(CommandContextInterceptor.java:110)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:140)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.spring.SpringTransactionInterceptor.execute(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:70)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.ProcessApplicationContextInterceptor.execute(ProcessApplicationContextInterceptor.java:70)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandCounterInterceptor.execute(CommandCounterInterceptor.java:35)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor.execute(LogInterceptor.java:33)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.RepositoryServiceImpl.deployWithResult(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:104)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.repository.DeploymentBuilderImpl.deployWithResult(DeploymentBuilderImpl.java:270)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.repository.DeploymentBuilderImpl.deploy(DeploymentBuilderImpl.java:266)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.spring.SpringTransactionsProcessEngineConfiguration.autoDeployResources(SpringTransactionsProcessEngineConfiguration.java:160)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.spring.SpringTransactionsProcessEngineConfiguration.buildProcessEngine(SpringTransactionsProcessEngineConfiguration.java:68)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.spring.ProcessEngineFactoryBean.getObject(ProcessEngineFactoryBean.java:55)

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.spring.ProcessEngineFactoryBean.getObject(ProcessEngineFactoryBean.java:34)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:169)

... 66 common frames omitted

Disconnected from the target VM, address: ‘127.0.0.1:51405’, transport: ‘socket’

Process finished with exit code 1