Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ClassLoadingException: ENGINE-09017 Cannot load class

Hello, I am currently trying to test some web services but I am facing the current issue.
I am doing something in project A, then calling a separate Call Activity in project B.

Both projects know the “Order” object. They have dependencies to a common project that contains the order. Everything works fine here.

The problem is that in the first part of the workflow I am setting some variables (like “Customer” for example), Objects which are only in project A. Project B does not know this class.

The exception I get is Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ClassLoadingException: ENGINE-09017 Cannot load class “Customer”.

One way of solving this is adding project A to project B as a dependency, or moving the Customer class to the common project. This is unfortunately not an option.

Also, I am not sending all variables to service B, only the order. I am not sure why this is happening. Is there possibly a workaround?

One option would be to just send all the information stored inside a customer object in a different representation, e.g. pass a variable map containing all properties of the customer object. Or instead of using a Source Expression, you could use a Delegate Mapping and implement your own customized mapping which gets passed to the Call Activity. Additionally, the Input/Output Mapping allows you to achieve the same functionality. I guess there are more ways, but those are the first ones that come to my mind.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: