Cawemo reuse diagrams

When modelling with Cawemo, can I create a subProcess BPMN diagram, which I then can reuuse in different diagrams?

Hello my friend! Welcome again!

Cawemo is a modeling tool that allows you to work with more people on your team, sharing and working on the same diagram.

When you talk about subprocess and reuse, I believe you are talking about “call activity”, and in CAWEMO you can just DRAW in the process that there will be a call activity, but you will not be able to actually “call” it, as this will be necessary configure, and Cawemo doesn’t allow configurations… only modeling.

To do this, you will have to create your design in Cawemo, you can even create 2 processes… the main process that will have a call activity, and the process of the call activity itself separately.

After creating this, you can export it to Camunda Modeler and configure it.

Remember that Cawemo was designed so that “business” people could help think and model the process as a whole, but to configure this process and automate it, you will need Camunda Modeler.

William Robert Alves

I agree, we only talk about modelling, So When I model and create a SubProcess, then I use Call Activity and there I want to state which activity I want to call. Let’s take an example like “Add Order Row”. In this activity I want to call a generic process GetPrice, I want to describe that function once and then just state GetPrice as the call Activity in all processes which is using it. It seems strange that we cannot reuse diagrams like that. Now I must document the called Activity GetPrice in each SubProcess call, and I do that by selecting the complete GetPrice diagram and copying it to all the places where it is used. Is there a more object oriented approach to this?

Add an activity, then click on the Wrench Icon. Select “Call Activity” which will make the border thick and add the “+” (multiple steps included) icon to the bottom of the activity. Name the activity appropriately, and in the details area, identify that it is calling the “GetPrice” process.