Change camunda historyLevel via in the configuration of the helm chart

Hi Team,
We use Camunda 7 with WildFly, and it is running as a helm chart on Kubernetes cluster. We need to turn off history without access to the code (changes in the standalone.xml file is not possible). Is it possible to do this via helm chart values? Or bash command?
Thanks in advance.

hi @rookie

Is it possible to do this via helm chart values?

You need to check the used chart template to answer that question.

Or bash command?

It might be possible with a direct update to the database. But I’m not sure that it’s a suggested or supported way. You might want to review ACT_GE_PROPERTY table and look there for history level value. But again, this way needs to be confirmed with Camunda before attempting to change it in PROD.

Regards,
Alex

I would also check this thread Turn off History in Camunda - #10 by thorben

Hi @Alex_Voloshyn
Thanks you for your reply.

There is no provided option to do that, but I can change helm chart configuration, so my question is if it is possibile to change configuration to set it via helm chart? I did not find any documentation or examples how to do that.

I know this thread, and I tested this solution, but this way changes only value of historyLevel in database, but does not change the behavior.

We are looking for the way for historyLevel be configurable via helm chart and just changed, when needed, but I did not find solution to do that this way.

So any suggestions are welcome.

It depends on what exactly helm chart you use. Can you provide a link to the helm chart, probably on GitHub, or any other details about the used chart? Is it some community chart or official?

Sorry, I can’t share it as this is our custom solution. But if it would be possible on this one, then I could also do that, I guess.

The one you mentioned does not have the option to set the historyLevel.

Regards,
Alex

@Alex_Voloshyn do you know an example that has such option?

Regards,
Rookie

Unfortunatelly, I do not have such examples.

Regards,
Alex

Pity, nevertheless thank you for your help.

Regards,
Rookie

store you custom standalone.yaml file in a configMap and use extraVolumeMounts properties from helm chart to mount your configMap.