Cockpit view data of camunda optimize

I using Camunda 7, and the database is very slow right now due to the history table. (Total size around 5TB)

So I trying to use Camunda Optimize to moving the data from mysql db to camunda optimize db (ES) so it can be scale easily later, but I still want to view information in camunda cockpit webapp, but not sure if the webapp of camunda 7 can hook into camunda optimize es database.

I researched some post in camunda forum and saw that camunda 8 and camunda optimize use the same way of naming in es so it can be hook together, but I not sure about camunda 7, since migrate to camunda 8 now is not really a available choice for mine

I checked this documentation Engine data deletion | Camunda 8 Docs

I using Camunda 7 along with Camunda Optimize, after sync data from camunda 7 → camunda optimize ES, then I remove the camunda 7 history data, is there anyway I can stil view them in the camunda cockpit? (Say in another way, use the camunda 7 webapp with camunda optimize es database)

I remove the camunda 7 history data, is there anyway I can stil view them in the camunda cockpit? (Say in another way, use the camunda 7 webapp with camunda optimize es database)

No, that will not be possible with the standard cockpit application. You have to write your own one. But I’d seriously question your usage of cockpit. IMO its purpose is not storing and viewing a huge amount of historical data.

Thank you! I trying to somehow change the url cockpit call to engine api, like for example when it get variable, I will route it to elastic search (which generate by camunda optimize), could you give me some hint on how I can achieve it ?