Conditional Flow not working in camunda 8

Hi Team,

We are using camunda 8 SAAS. we created common error handling flow for all interface calls. seems conditional flow not working in camunda 8. Please suggest how we can achieve this in camunda 8 SAAS same it was working in camunda 7.

Hello @Prasanthi ,

conditional flows are the implicit way of modeling an inclusive gateway.

So my wild guess is that it will be available as soon as the inclusive gateway.

Maybe, as a workaround, you could use an exclusive gateway.

I hope this helps

Jonathan

2 Likes

Yes I am using currently Exclusive Gateway throwing the error. i don’t see any Inclusive Gateway in camunda 8. Please help how to use common error handling for all the interfaces in camnuda 8.

Hello @Prasanthi ,

what do you mean when you say „error handling for the interfaces“?

Jonathan

I mean multiple rest interface calls we are going to use common error handling process.
Sample Example : how to achieve below one in camunda 8

Hello @Prasanthi ,

I would model it like this:

As you can see, the conditional flows are replaced with an exclusive gateway which is actually the better representation for this logic I think.
Also, instead of having two outgoing sequence flows from the activity (one to next task, the other one to error handling), I added the error boundary event which can be triggered by the job worker. This also solves the problem of your model that after each service task, 2 tokens would continue (one to error handling, the other one to the next task), regardless of the actual result of your REST call.

Anyway, we recommend to use implicit handling of technical errors (by using the engines’ retry behaviour). Please keep that in mind when designing retry patterns. They should have some kind of business motivation or a process-grade complexity.

I hope this helps

Jonathan

1 Like