Confusion about Jobs in Operate

Nele: Hey peeps,
I am a little bit confused at the moment. Once an instance arrives at a service task I get the following information from Operate (see picture). I am a little bit confused because no information for the job is set. I would expect to see for example the job Type that I have set in the properties panel. Does that mean a job gets not active with a waiting process instance but once the job worker fetches the task?

Nele: side note: also if a service task has been completed I get the same information as above in Operate. Does it mean a job disappears after completion and information like the job id are not stored?

Also if I activate a job I get the job ID in the client but Operate still presents null…

zell: I think this is because Operate doesn’t consume any job details (records) @svetlana.dorokhova correct me if I’m wrong

Note: This post was generated by Slack Archivist from a conversation in the Zeebe Slack, a source of valuable discussions on Zeebe (get an invite). Someone in the Slack thought this was worth sharing!

If this post answered a question for you, hit the Like button - we use that to assess which posts to put into docs.