Connecting to Engine DB

Hi,

I have setup an H2 connection to the jdbc url that was within my tomcat server.xml file.
I specified this as the url in both my driver class as well as in my application.yaml file in my spring boot project.

When I run everything I am able to connect successfully in H2 console, however I do not see any of the tables from the camunda db. I did view the documentation in regards for this to set it up, but I would greatly appreciate any further guidance. How can I connect properly in order to be able to query against these tables? I was able to do it successfully through REST but I need to set up the database for my task as well.

Thanks for your time,
LK

@LinkKnight, To automatically create tables in schema, you need to enable this property as true.

<property name="databaseSchemaUpdate" value="true" />

https://docs.camunda.org/manual/latest/reference/deployment-descriptors/tags/process-engine/#example

https://docs.camunda.org/manual/latest/user-guide/process-engine/process-engine-bootstrapping/#configure-process-engine-in-the-bpm-platform-xml

Hi @aravindhrs,

First, thanks for the quick reply!
I have this property enabled in my bpm-platform.xml by default when I created the project.

Is this also a property I need to update my application.yaml file with?
I tried setting
spring.jpa.generate-ddl: true
spring.jpa.hibernate.ddl-auto: update,

but it returned that that it is unable to open JDBC connection for DDL execution.

Thanks for your time,
LK

these properties won’t help in creating camunda schema, if you have custom scripts or entities in classpath it will auto create.

<property name="databaseSchemaUpdate" value="true" />

Only this property will auto create tables in schema.

Can you provide the stacktrace to look into the issue?

Hi @aravindhrs,

Sorry for late response, there was another issue I had to look into. I actually got it!
I can now see and query against the tables.
Thank you very much for your help!

Thanks you for your time,
LK