Critical Bug - Process Definition Alive After Updating With New Version

Critical Bug - Process Definition Alive After Updating With New Version
We’ve deployed a new version for an existing instance that has a message start event, and the previous version (12) still remains active and is getting initiated by messages!
I can’t explain how, but version 15 that is subscribed to another message was also working and initiated by messages.
We tried deploying an empty process with just a start and stop events, still same issue.
Since there is no way to delete a process definition, how am I supposed to stop this old version from being initiated by messages it shouldn’t listen to?

collection-process.bpmn (15.6 KB)

This is the process

Hey @jonathan.lukas,

Good to know, also I think this is insane to be honest…
But, I’ve also redeployed the old version and it didn’t help, the v12 was still initiated.

We had to reset and delete all our data. If this would have happened in a production environment it would probably lead to dropping Zeebe all together, as being stuck with a process that initiates a huge wokflow without being able to disable or delete it is basically system shutdown.

Posting for visibility: There is right now an open discussion in slack around this topic Slack

2 Likes